MICHAEL AWALT - PENSION STATEMENT (Abstract) - W326
Source: Franklin County, Tennessee Revolutionary War Pensions
Name: AWALT, Michael
- Pension number: W326, West Tenn. #6813
- Statement made: 3 Sept. 1832, Franklin County
Facts relevant to Battle of Camden:
- Lived in Rowan Co. NC and after the outbreak of the war he turned 21 and removed to Cabarrus County, N.C.
- Service: NC Militia
- Officers: On 4th enlistment, as a substitute for Killian Keply, served under Capt. Starnes and Gen. Rutherford
- Was in "battle called Gates' Defeat.".
- Overheard Generals Gates and Smallwood arguing about the battle plans.
If you have a complete copy of this pension statement, please submit it.
If you can give permission to use the full text from the source site, it will be appreciated.