CHRISTOPHER EATON - PENSION STATEMENT (abstract) - R3214
Information extracted from:
Stokes and Surry County, North Carolina
Revolutionary War Pension Applications. Search for "3214".
Name: EATON, CHRISTOPHER
- Filed pension statement: 13 Nov. 1832, Surry Co. NC
- Pension number: R3214
- Age: 76
- When young, he was called Christopher Valentine
Facts relevant to Battle of Camden:
- Surry Co. NC Militia
- Capt. Absalom Bostickís company under Gen. Rutherford
- Marched from Richmond, Surry C.H., to Salisbury
- Marched to Cheraw Hill, where they joined Gates' army
- Was in Battle of Camden
- After the battle, soldiers "got home the best way they could".
If you can give permission for us to use the text of the source or
if you have a complete copy of this pension statement you can submit, please Let us know.