ELISHA EVANS - PENSION STATEMENT (abstract) - S6830
Information extracted from:
Descendants of Elisha Evans. Also, see Moss' Patriots at Kings Mountain.
Name: EVANS, ELISHA
- Filed pension statement: 8 Oct 1832, Caswell Co. NC
- Pension number: S6830
- Age: 72
Facts relevant to Battle of Camden:
- Caswell Co. NC Militia
- Officers: Capt. John Graves, Colonel Paisley
- Was in "Gates Defeat".
- "Suffered a disgraceful defeat by the mismangement or Cowardice of General Gates"
- Most reached home not having any place appointed for rendezvous
- At Kings Mountain under Col. James Williams
If you can give permission for us to use the text of the source or
if you have a complete copy of this pension statement you can submit, please Let us know.