BATTLE OF CAMDEN PROJECT, COMMITTEE SUBMISSIONS
- 9/8/2002 7:16AM J. Robertson: Henry B. Carrington, Battles of the American Revolution, 1775-1781. Historical and Military Criticism, with Topographical Illustration, (New York: A.S. Barnes & Co., 1871, 1876). Chap. LXV. "Battle of Camden, ..." (PDF). Note: Transcriber volunteer welcomed.
- 5 Sep 2002
- 31 Aug 2002 Robert Scott Davis gave us permission to post his 1985 article, "Thomas Pinckney And The Last Campaign Of Horatio Gates"
- 23 Aug 2002 RW statement of service for John Boon from Walter Barron.
- 8/19/2002 9:12AM From Charles Baxley:
- Letter from Col. Josias C. Hall, 4th MD Regiment from some unidentified published source (need source).
I transcribed, but also put image online. It is presumed to be uncopyrighted. Don't you people get me in trouble. Tell me if you think it is or probably is copyrighted.
- Copy of April 1780 roster of officers for DE Regiment from Ward's The Delaware Continentals. Can't put images online since known to be copyrighted (note publication date). Added names to Verified American Particpants as "probably present" except where otherwise verified. You can find these on the list by using control-f and searching for "the del". Compared well to those obtained from other sources.
- 8/8/2002 8:00AM From Journal of Capt. Alexander Chesney, Adjutant to Maj. Patrick Ferguson ©2002, ed. by Dr. Bobby Gilmer Moss, with permission.
- 8/7/2002 5:55PM From Uzal Johnson, Loyalist Surgeon ©2000, ed. by Dr. Bobby Gilmer Moss, with permission.
- 8/6/2002 5:36AM Lt. Donald McAlpine of the Royal NC Regt.. PDF. Submitted by Todd Braisted.
- 8/1/2002 11:47AM Martin, Josiah, Governor,
1780 Letter from Governor Josiah Martin to Secretary of State, dated 18 August 1780. State Records of North Carolina XV:49-56. transcribed copy
.pdf, submitted by Larry Babits.
- 7/31/2002 3:26PM Added Cornwallis' report of victory at Camden from Larry Babits.
- 7/30/2002 10:57AM Added "That Unhappy Affair" - Horatio Gates and the Battle of Camden from John Maass. Password required.
- 7/30/2002 7:03AM Added Committee discussion log based on emails sent to the group. This is another attempt at having a private passworded directory. Group members will be informed by email on how to access this log.
- 7/29/2002 11:59AM Converted L. Babits' "Fifth" Maryland article to Adobe .pdf. It cuts the size down by half and I believe it makes it easier to read. I'd suggest using the magnification choices of "Fit width" or "Fit visible".
- 7/28/2002 3:51PM Added The "Fifth" Maryland At Guilford Courthouse: An Exercise In Historical Accuracy from Larry Babits.
- 7/25/2002 1:04PM Added battle maps by Kennedy, Senf and Stedman, submitted by Charles Baxley.
- 7/21/2002 6:31AM Cornwallis troop return (image) from Charles Baxley.
- 7/19/2002 4:33AM Revised format of Maryland 2nd Brigade Losses at Camden. Removed .pdf version.
- 7/18/2002 6:14PM North Carolina Militia Losses at Camden and Fishing Creek. Larry Babits.
Officer Casualties at Camden
Revised format of Maryland 1st Brigade Losses at Camden
- 7/18/2002 MD & DE Continental Losses Reported for Camden. Larry Babits. (DE to be added). Removed 7/19/2002 4:35AM